Have I wrecked my shower???

J9

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help me!!! I just put a new shower head onto my Triton Amber ll electric shower, and water has started pouring out of the drain tube at the bottom of the shower unit. Have I broke it? I know I am just a feeble female and really should let a man do these technical jobs for me!!!

Sponsored Links
take the new shower head off and see what happens.

it sounds like you have brought the wrong type of shower head, believe it or not you can get them for electric showers and also not for electric showers, the water indicates too much back pressure or hose is kinked, hence take shower head off (oh and read shower head type on box / packet)

Thanks for that, Breezer! Have looked on 't internet & looks like I need a new pressure relief valve. Won't buy anything from Asda again! :D

Sponsored Links
yes but have you taken off the shower head and tried it? a new valve for an electric shower is not usualy worth the effort as cost of valve + fitting is near to cost of new shower

Yes, Breezer, I have taken off the shower head, the hose, everything! (well, almost everything!) :D There is a similar problem posted another forum giving this solution - so I will phone Triton in the morning & see what they say. Thanks for your assistance to a damson-in-dis-dress ;)

One of the advantages of getting a "man" to do it is that you can blame him if it does not work or damages it!

Tony

Ah, but I have to find a man brave enuf to venture into my boudoir first!! :D

Well you're practised at "taking almost everything off" now..
naughty.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back