hunter genova plastic water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi lads has anyone heard of this stuff, it's a plastic pipe for domestic hot and cold use. it was used on a couple of estates in liverpool and doesn't seem to be available any more, does anyone know where the adaptors and tees to take it to 15 & 22 mm can be got from.

Sponsored Links
I sort of have, is it that solvent weld rubbish from the seventies where you had to leave the joint curing for twenty four hours before charging it up

If so I have come acrossed it down here in gods own country and we just ripped it out

bloody stuff

yeah thats the stuff corgiman, I've been in touch with the makers now and they stopped producing it eight years ago, but just in case anyone is interested they told me that marley have recently done a test with their equator pushfit pipe, and found that if they "sand the genova down by 1 mm at the end" it will fit into the marley equator fitting, hunter plastics told me that marley tested it to 31 bar. i wouldn't fancy doing that though so i reckon your spot on, rip out & replace.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back