What should i do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just had a new Isar boiler fitted, and the electrician came today to install A Honeywell Wireless Room Thermostat and a Danfoss Electronic single channel timeswitch.

Please could you tell me if it would be more economical to leave the bolier on all the time, just using the Honeywell to put it on a really low setting at bedtime, as before i did not have a thermostat and just manually turned my Ravenheat on and off when i wanted, or should i turn it off completely using the Danfoss at bedtime when i dont want it on.

I do not really want to use the timer, just have it on/off when i like.

Many Thanks
Suzanne

Sponsored Links
I have never had a definitive answer t this oft ask question

why dont you try timing it one month then not the next and compare the cost

Thanks Corgiman :D I will give both a try and see which benefits me most.

Can i ask another question? My boiler was fitted by Warmfront, and they have took the guarantees for the boiler to send off.
Do you know what this guarantee covers? If my boiler breaks down will Ideal be liable to fix it or will i have to get British Gas etc to fix it? I am just a bit concerned about the costs of fixing the boiler etc.

Thanks

calle dideal and ask them

they should have left all documentation with you

Sponsored Links
If you get any problems call warmfront, Guarantee should cover all the boiler for at leats a year parts and labour.

Suzanne, my thoughts are simple.

I have mine on 24hrs a day and drop the temperature at bedtime to around 17/18 deg.

Reason being I dont want to freeze my dodars off if I have to get up during the night and it takes less time to heat the house when I turn it back up.

If you are asking which is cheaper then I have to agree with Corgiman, if you want comfort run it 24hrs on the stat.

Mind you with that boiler you might need it repairing or a new one sooner :eek:

Stan

Thanks for all your replies. I have just e-mailed Ideal to ask about the guarantee, and i will call Warmfront tomorrow and check with them.

Thanks

corgiman said:

Corgiman use spell check please or type slower :)

I know its those old plumbers fingers gone numb after years of graft :D

I personally too keep gurantees and send them off to manufacturers but tell the customer to contact me first with a problem ( maybe my fault) :oops: But I doubt it

My experiance is that the cleint and the manufacturer always insisit you go back anyway

but you should leave all the bumpf with joe client

pannierstan said:
corgiman said:

Corgiman use spell check please or type slower :)

I know its those old plumbers fingers gone numb after years of graft :D

i have enormous fat fingers mate

too many years of sweating bleedin joints

oh yeah and working with lead :)

Have you still got your Mole skin aswell!!

How about a turn pin and bent bolt :D
Bet you have your Meths lamp aswell
Stan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back