underfloor ventilation for bathroom/etc

mgx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're in the middle of buying a new lower-ground floor flat that requires work, not yet completed. I'm trying to answer a few questions for myself before we get professionals involved.

Property has a boiler in the rear room, and two bathrooms in the middle of the floorplan - both bathrooms don't have windows. We plan to replace the floors and radiators, and will put in underfloor heating.

1. Bathroom ventilation - is it allowable to put ducting in from the bathroom to go under the floor and exit the building, with a fan: this allows us to ventilate the bathrooms.

2. Boiler ventilation - could we do the same thing for the boiler, if we wanted to relocate it to the middle of the floorplan (i.e. a kitchen cabinet).

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
2. Boiler ventilation - could we do the same thing for the boiler, if we wanted to relocate it to the middle of the floorplan (i.e. a kitchen cabinet)

What kind of boiler ?

sime10 said:
What kind of boiler ?

We'd probably install a new gas condensing boiler: the existing one is about 10 years old. Another option available to us is to relocate the boiler to one of the vaults (i.e. that extend under the road) at the front of the property. The negative side of putting the boiler in the kitchen to be would be noise, unless these new boilers are quiet.

Sponsored Links
New boilers do not require ventillation to outside so you would be ok there If you fit one in a cupboard you may need ventillation into the room for cooling purposes.

The only thing you should be looking at from your explanation is flue position

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back