unusual spade connector help required please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am replacing a tv suppressor on an apollo thorn emi boiler and the supressor is wired to the switch along with a live wire. The switch has three spade connections, one of which requires two wires on one spade connector. The original spade connector was ' y ' shaped, two separate crimp connectors for the wires and one spade connector. Anyway, it snapped and i need to replace it but don't know how it's called, a good electrical wholesaler just scratched his head as did the central heating supply shop. Is there an alternative way to get two wires connected to one spade? Where could i get such a thing?>
I would really appreciate any helpful advice.
Thanks very much.
FP

Sponsored Links
You can use a "Piggy Back" terminal. Crimp to one of the wires and it leaves you a spare spade for the other.

They look like this...

piggy.jpg

If you want to email me, I'll send you a couple.

Cheers

Symo

Thanks very much symo, I appreciate the offer to send me some. I really don't mind buying my own, but when i asked the lady at the electrical supply shop about joining two wires for one spade connector she just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders and said she hadn't heard of it. The man at the central heating supply shop said he had never seen spade connectors like that so i thought i was dealing with something antiquated.
Thanks for the post Symo, I really appreciate it.
Greg

No problem falloverpete. Not too many wholesalers stock this part so it probably will be a bit tough to find. Offer stands, if you want a couple, mail me and I'll pop a couple in the post. Think if you go to the forum main page and click on my name in the "todays posts" listings you will find an email button?

Cheers

Matt

Sponsored Links
Also at Halfords or motor accessories shops ;) used extensively in auto wiring

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back