Water staining on white tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help?

I have just finished tiling a shower, but failed to connect the pushfit connectors correctly at the back of the shower. When I switched on the water supply it obviously leaked and some water has got in between the tiles and plasterboard. As a consequence I've got about a 1 inch border of staining on the bottom row of tiles. It has made the white tile colouring go a little grey.

I'm not too worried about the water ruining the plasterboard as I've PVA and sealed quite well. Trouble is there's nowhere for the water to go, but await evaporation.

Can anyone tell me if the white tiles will dry out back to their original white?

Sponsored Links
Congers
you will be here in 6 months .. :)

take care an get job done right ..........

AS THE EDIT WASNT ALLOWED ...mods!!!!!

FOR THE FOLLOW UP CRAIC ...
Congers

the best is you rain the shower down an then tell us

where abouts , down /low etc

we do this to sort out what needs /doing ....

Cheers Moz, In think.....

I know the showers not leaking anymore. The prob is that the water's already behind the bottom row of tiles.

I think the only way of venting the area behind the tiles is to remove the grout from between the bottom row of tiles.

Anyone think this would work??

Sponsored Links
I had similar problem many years ago, I raked out the grout & used a hair drier to speed the drying process, you just need airflow very little heat.

PVA and sealed quite well

lol

you should of tanked the wall 1st , re my comment see you in six months when tiles are *blowing* off

for a temp repair job Diyisfun is correct ..:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back