Flue/Duct Vaillant 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am ready for my boiler to be re-installed in my new extension but having great difficulty in locating flue/duct for it. The original flue is shorter because the boiler was fitted on 9 inch wall. Now the boiler has to go on 12 inch cavity wall.

What the retailers local and far afield are trying to do is sell me complete kit but all I need is standard 800mm horizontal flue. Any ideas where I could buy just the flue.

I have in frustration tried to contact Vaillant but to no avail. I have been put on hold upto 10 minutes twice. I had to put the phone down in sorry state of no hope. That is the poor side of this firm. I await patiently for positive response.

Sponsored Links
I don't think the tube would come without the elbow or the terminal. The terminal isn't meant to come off the standard flue tube. There are several things which you can get wrong when fitting a flue, hope you know what you're doing. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Surely you just need the standard Vaillant horizontal flue kit for an 828E?

Is it an ecoMAX, thermoCOMPACT or turboMAX 828?

if it is the latter two, is it the direct rear entry or top turret mounted one? Weren't they about £35 when that boiler was current? Wondering whether we have one lying around, have a fair number of non-condense flues never used from installs.

simond said:
Surely you just need the standard Vaillant horizontal flue kit for an 828E?

Is it an ecoMAX, thermoCOMPACT or turboMAX 828?

if it is the latter two, is it the direct rear entry or top turret mounted one? Weren't they about £35 when that boiler was current? Wondering whether we have one lying around, have a fair number of non-condense flues never used from installs.

Hi "Simond" My boiler is Vaillant ecomax 828E condensing and is three years old. The vaillant kit number is 303 930 and is horizontal. It's top turret mounted. Three retailers said the same thing it comes as a kit. Kit makes them more money then just the flue.

ChrisR said:
I don't think the tube would come without the elbow or the terminal. The terminal isn't meant to come off the standard flue tube. There are several things which you can get wrong when fitting a flue, hope you know what you're doing. :eek:

Hi "ChrisR" I understand your concern. The fitter shortened flue when he fitted. Now the flue is short. I am not taking any chances with it that is why I am looking for the correct flue for my boiler.

Sounds like you're trying to buy a part of a thing which isn't supposed to come to bits and is pretty cheap anyway.
There's more to getting a flue right than just buying the right part! If you get it wrong you can trash your boiler.

This is a current part and you can pick them up for around £35.

Surely that is not too much for you?

ChrisR said:
Sounds like you're trying to buy a part of a thing which isn't supposed to come to bits and is pretty cheap anyway.
There's more to getting a flue right than just buying the right part! If you get it wrong you can trash your boiler.

Hi ChrisR

The flue kit in question does come in bits. I was with the engineer when he assembled it and I was there three years later when he dis-assembled it when he removed the boiler. I am not trying to fit it myself. The engineer is but I am buying the part for him.

simond said:
This is a current part and you can pick them up for around £35.

Surely that is not too much for you?

Hi simond

Why buy the part(s) I already have. I only need the flue. The retailers I have approached tried to sell me the full kit price £70-80. If the flue is £35 that is okay with me and happy to pay that much but where can I buy it from in west yorkshire.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back