Pressure problem with Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 8 year old Worcester Combi boiler packed in recently. Although it had provided good water pressure throughout house this had been deteriorating over the years (there has been a gradual drop off of water presuure in the area). The new combi boiler works extremely well with gallons of hot water BUT there are times when the mains pressure is dropping so low the shower at far end of house reduces to a dribble. Can the system be pressurised somehow to give constant pressure to the boiler? I assume the water company will just say not my problem mate but if anyone has had similar experience be interested to know how solved.

Any other bright ideas?

I will get a plumber in to look but would like to know what is possible first.

Sponsored Links
You could use a (large) accumulator to hold the mains pressure for short periods, but if your problem is with long pipe runs, it points to them being too resistive.
You need to find out what your mains pressure actually varies between, and what flow you get, say from all cold mains taps combined.

Sponsored Links
What's the easiest way to measure mains pressure?

Flow rate did not used to be a problem as put 22mm pipe to shower although I notice the new boiler swings off 15mm pipe into my 22mm so obviously a bit more resistance going on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back