Wiresless stat with child lock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas if there are any wireless stats available like the Drayton Digistat 3 but with a child lock feature built in?

Fed up of people putting the heating up to full all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Leave a dummy thermostat that they can fiddle with, and conceal the real one.

Easy its wireless so fit it somewhere they cannot reach or remove it and hide it when you are not there. :D

Sponsored Links
Im also annoyed at my lodgers who crank the digi stat up to 26c-30c . Unfortunately the only stat I have found with mechanical limit stops is the potterton ptt2. Given the amount of gas that is being wasted trying to heat the house (sauna) up to 30c it might be worth me actually installing it before I do much more real paid work :cry:

Tried educating them. Waste of time.

Unfortunatly these "children" are over 30 so most of the suggestions don't work :(.

Can't beleive there isn't a bigger demand for these. Easiest option here is probably to not pay the bill and let the gas get cut off :p

Bendo said:
Any ideas if there are any wireless stats available like the Drayton Digistat 3 but with a child lock feature built in?

Fed up of people putting the heating up to full all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Industrial set point thermostats have no external dial and some have covers that are locked so the internal adjustment cannot be tampered with.

Wire one of these in series with the present stat to open the demand ciruit when the maximum temperature you set is reached.

Don't use one of the type that opens at the set temperature and has to be manual reset ( with a key ). That would leave your tenants in the cold the first time they set the temperature too high.

Bernard
Sharnbrook

As another poster said, move it somewhere where they can't access it - though look out for the 'override' button on the SCR (receiver fitted by the boiler).

Alternatively, put up the rent to cover the cost of the additional gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back