Replacing an electric shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to replace my electric shower with an upgrade. Prefer showers that come ot of the wall and there is not a 'box'. We have a Mira Sport. Knowing nothing about showers which type could I get? I am willing to have a bit of retiling done but I don't know about how it is plumbed. We have a hot and cold water tank. and cold pressure is good.

Sponsored Links
Do you want an upgrade that delivers more hot water?

One fed from the cold tank and the hot cylinder will do this, although unless the tank pressure is substantial you will probably want a shower pump to beef it up.

This will need some plumbing work to install it.

Assuming your cylinder is heated by a gas boiler, this is a cheaper way to get hot water; but as you will probably use twice as much with a good flow, it will end up costing the same.

If you go for another electric shower, a more powerful one will probably need a bigger cable and MCB, so this too will be more cost and work.

BTW after having a few old showers fail and need to be replaced, I am now a great believer in having the shower pipework exposed on the wall. Chrome pipes look quite acceptable to my eye.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back