Connections to the Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a Baxi Bermuda Boiler. I am removing it soon and installing a fire with boiler. The new boiler will have only 2 connections where as the Baxi has 3. Can anyone tell me why there are 3? 2 come from the water cylinder and connected to the pump, and the other goes off somewhere else.

Any help will be appreciated.

Steve

Sponsored Links
gravity flow to cylinder
pumped flow to rads
both returns commoned @ boiler with a spreader in heat ex
best bet is to fully pump system for more control,to make it more efficient & prevent probable banging noises as gravity circs will be big enough for a more modern blr.

Sponsored Links
The three baxi connections are heating flow, gravity hot water flow and a commoned return from heating and cylinder circuit join the boiler return connection often through an injector Tee.

Keep your returns together and split your flow into heating and hot water with either a diverter valve or 2 zone valves. Your new boiler is designed for a fully pumped system so you will have to fit a programmer, cylinder stat and room stat as well as the aforementioned valves.

Look up 'Y' plan and 'S' plan [fully pumped] systems to see whats going on

Thanks for the info. I am not installing another gas boiler It is a multifuel stove, so only new copper pipe and thats it. I only need to know what to do with the other pipe. Can't wait to get the gas out of my house.

Another disaster waiting to happen.

The connections as well as the system pipework is critical, get it wrong and BANG.

You have 2 flows and 2 returns, I would expect at least the primary side will have to be re-piped.

Read the manufacturers instructions, and if you can't figure it out get an heating engineer in that can.

I wouldn't say another disaster, this is only a request to find out what is happening. I don't like to go in blind when asking a plumber etc. Don't like getting ripped off with a phew!! it all needs re doing mate crap. I have been in the building trade.

"""Don't like getting ripped off with a phew"""

Why do people always think that they are goping to be ripped off by a plumber?

You say that you are a "builder"!

I cannot immagine that any working plumber has never been ripped off by a builder for whom they have done work and not got paid!

Builders are so bad that we now only do work for them if we are paid before we start!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back