Oil Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Could someone explain something to me. our oil boiler heats both our central heating and our water tank (emersion and has elctric as a back up on the same tank). however, the bolier has only two pipes connecting it to the system. how does this heat both the radiators and the tank? i thought it might be that it has a radiator style thing in the tank itself, but you can turn the water heating off as an option, so i'm not sure how this would work.

I am asking as we are planning on installing a combi oil boiler and removing the emersion tank. in short we are trying to establish how much work is involved.

thanks in advance

joe

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
DON'T PUT IN A COMBI!!!!!! Anyone who tells you these are ok, is lying. I have just earnt LOADS of money doing several days work getting one sorted.

You buy at your peril, don't say you haven't been warned.

in reply to oilman coming from a gas backround oil combis are twice as good as the best gas one,from my point of view and experience they are a gift to work on,they have considerbly better flow rates and less components to go wrong,i only fit worcs or warmflow ones and have not had a problem with one of them[around a dozen fitted]most have been fitted instead of unvented cly, poor mains pressure for those but ideal for the combi with flowrates of around 18l.lifespan now that would be hard to gauge but a modern gas combi will struggle to make double figures while a oil one should pass that easily if installed and commisioned correctly,just my opinion f.f.s for ferks sake :rolleyes:

in truth not sure we can afford to change the bolier for a year or so, so i guess i'll have to look into the best options at that point.

thanks for the info though, it is really helpful.

cheer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back