Artex removal?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm in the process of buying a house, and have been advised by our surveyor that the Artex on the ceilings in the upstairs contain asbestos, also that the house is probably worth a bit less than the price we offered.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure of how much it might cost to have removed? hundreds or thousands? we're not too keen on removing it ourselves, I think we'd rather leave it there than go through that!

the surveyor said that putting plaster on top would put extra weight on the plasterboard which could eventually lead to problems, so we'd rather get rid of it if we choose to do anything... we may or may not, but obviously potential cost will affect our offer.

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
I have just done a diy job on my kitchen ceiling. I screwed new plaster broad on top of the old broad and replastered it . it is about 16ftX11ft, it was about £60 to do my self. My last house I wet the artex with water,it went like past and I then scraped it off. you can also use a steamer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back