linea 24 07 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a vokera linea 24 boiler thats given me so much grief. It used to always flash 04 fault but i changed the flow diaphram and also the prv as this used to let water out for a day or so after you ever used it. After doing this it at first made some wierd noises that sounded to me like air was trapped in the boiler.

But after leaving it over night it worked a treat.
Now however it keeps flashing 07 and locking out all the time.
The pressure goes up a bit high as well although i think that is just because the fill valve and non return valve are letting water by.

Anyone got any ideas apart from takeing a sledgehammer to the pile of cack and getting a new one?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
07 points to flow or return ntc registering over temp or they could have a fault. Does this do this more when you are running hot water rather than heating? has the pressure dropped out of your hot taps recently? If so I would suspect DHW exchanger needs replacing due to scale or blockage. Could be on the primary side even. Quite common on these boilers.

Sponsored Links
No the pressure from the hot taps is fine and it seems to do it more when the CH is on than the hot taps.
Its only started doing this after i changed the flow diaphram. Have i forgotten to do something? Like i said it made some wierd noises at first like water rushing through the boiler and gurgling round.
Although its fine now do i need to bleed air from it or something?

jordy_boy said:
i changed the flow diaphram and also the prv as this used to let water out for a day or so after you ever used it.

The PRV is a safety device inside the boiler! It should not ever be touched!

It seems that you have been in the habit of "using it".

Its difficult to understand why a user of a boiler would ever want to open the boiler and touch the PRV.

Obviously the water in your system is rather dirty and that got stuck on the seating of the PRV and caused it to leak.

If you must repair your boiler yourself its important to spend time diagnosing the real fault and not fiddling or replacing parts that are not faulty.

Tony

The prv was faulty tho it used to run out the pipe outside for a day or two after use taking the pressure down to 0 bar and i was also told it was faulty after its service. Also the only time ive ever used it was to drain the system to check the expansion vessel and when replacing the diaphram.
The reasons i used it were because its got a manual lever on it i saw a plumber do the same and because you dont even need to open the boiler to open it.

I take it you wouldnt recommend i do it this way then? Are they a bit temperamental?

Basically this boiler is a pile of junk in my opinion and for the last 3 years of its 7 year life the pressure has either been going too high or too low most of the time

The PRV only became "faulty" after you had used it to drain the boiler.

There should be a drain cock for draining the system.

Just because you had a cavalier plumber does not alter the fact that they are not intended to be used for draining the boiler.

If you have dirty water the bits of dirt get stuck on the seating and cause it to drip.

Many professionals will use it to save time but then they know how to flick them to clear the dirt and if that fails they can open it or replace it.

If the pressure is not stable then the expansion vessel needs checking and repressurising if necessary.

The Linea is a very reliable boiler if its installed on a clean system and treated with respect.

Tony

cheers mate ill make sure i dont use it again it was just so quick and easy.

Its not quick at all when you add the time and cost of replacing the PRV !

A rad bleed screw is usually a safe way of removing a couple of litres to depressurise the system.

Tony

Give him a break Tony. The Linea manual and most Vokera manuals I've come across direct you to use the safety valve to drain the boiler. He followed M.I's just as we're always being told to.

Are you taking the mickey?

If you look at your Linea MI and look at 3.10.3 about the PRV you will see very clearly that:-

"""It must not be used for draining purposes!"""

I know that I dont usually consult them for repair purposes but sometimes I have to just to prove a point !

Ha Ha

Tony

Credits to Chris who provided the copy of the MI for me!

Actually my manual says and i quote
"To lower the system pressure to the required value pull lever on the head of safety valve (22) "
And part 22 on the diagram is the PRV
Thats from the manual for my linea 24

Although i wont be following it from now on but solo has a point you cant lay into me too hard if im following the manual[/b]

Doesn't your Linea MI have the 3.10.3 section at the beginning?

It seems the MI are giving conflicting advice! Not surprising as they are usually written by more than one person, often as an update of an earlier version.

All professionals know that touching a PRV is likely to make it leak. Many take that risk because they can sort it out if need be. Others have the inconvenience of being called back when they did not check it afterwards.

Its always better for a DIYer to take the least risk route as that will be safer even if more time consuming.

What do I do? Modern clean boiler use the PRV ! Old dirty boiler leave it well alone!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back