Filling small(ish) holes in ceiling plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

A dilema for you all for which you might be able to give me some ideas.

After removing some built in cupboards from rooms in my house I am left with some holes in the ceiling where the cupboard framework has taken chunks out of the ceiling.... e.g. imagine a 2 inch square hole in a ceiling where the plaster has gone and there is no lathe either... basically I want to fill these holes but have nothing to fill/plaster on to so wondered what my optons might be?

Any help always appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Tap a nail into a flattish piece of wood that is just slightly smalled than the hole in width but longer in length, put some polyfila around the egdes (nail side) pust it though and pull down with the nail, actually,,,use a screw youll be able to pull down harder.

Leave to dry and then fill over it...building it up in layers to avoid it slumping out

Zampa said:
Tap a nail into a flattish piece of wood that is just slightly smalled than the hole in width but longer in length, put some polyfila around the egdes (nail side) pust it though and pull down with the nail, actually,,,use a screw youll be able to pull down harder.

Leave to dry and then fill over it...building it up in layers to avoid it slumping out

Nice one!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back