Advice on fitting of Marbrex panelling, calling Nige F

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm thinking of fitting Marbrex (Swish) panelling around a new shower bath and have a couple of questions if anyone can help please (Nige F I've seen your posts on this stuff and you rate it highly)...

1. Is it best to fit the panelling before the bath, i.e. bath fits flush to panelling which continues behind, or is it best to fit bath first then fit panels down to bath ?

2. Should a bath seal be used or is it best to fit the panels as close as possible to the bath top then use a bead of silicone ?

3. The panelling will be fitted onto newly plastered walls (one external the other plasterboard stud)...anyone recommend which adhesive to use as I guess I don't need to use battens ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes I`ve used it here @ home and think it`s great ;) I would fit bath first then panel to it ........close, then a bead of Neutral Curing Silicone........sanitary silicone won`t stick to the plastic...........to fit the panels they recommended solvent free No More nails or similar...............should be some fitting instructions available :confused: ....was a while ago now, but it still looks good ...........hope this helps, Nige

Sponsored Links
The supplier should sell the adhesve required. Use a BRAND NEW saw to cut panels. Draw a thin bead down the vertical joints before fixing the next panel-makes it totaly waterproof against the wall. You will find that when finishing up against a corner that all is not plumb, cutting verticaly down the panels is tricky as the ribs behind the face make it difficult. Fill any gaps with bathroom sealant. Around bath rim use sealant (fill bath first). Job done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back