Ford Focus Cant Open Bonnet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What a stupid idea having to use a key to open the bonnet.
Anyway I cant get mine to open, I turn to the left turn to the right (do the hockey cocky).
I have tried pressing the bonnet down & have sprayed dw40, any other ideas.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Once suffered from a similar fate on a Ford, but it was with the central locking. Battery had gone on key fob so tried to unlock drivers door with the key, but it woudn't turn.

Turns out that with Ford keys as you use it in the ignition the key wears down as well as the ignition barrel. But as I wasn't using it on the doors then the lock barrel on the door wasn't wearing down. Only solution was to get a new key cut to use for unlocking the car.

So can only suggest that as the bonnet is opened infrequently it might be an idea to try a new key.

IIRC turn the key clockwise to unlock and then anti-clockwise to release the bonnet.

gave up on it however it decided to come on after around an hours driving, so it must have been locked on time out attempts or somert.

thanks all the same, your right about the keys though ford locks a poop all locks on car are worn out, takes around five minutes to get in it but only 1 minute for a theif to steel

This is a known fault on the Foci.

Road Salt and crud works its way in to the bonnet locking mechanism. Once you do get it open keep well lubed and try and keep the crud out.

Sponsored Links
there is a plastic extension between the key and the latch i spaced our mondano with a bit off plastic worked a treat
latch works fine now previously it was intermittent no grease or lube applied

Back