ARGOS kitchen Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently purchased from ARGOS Oslo Kitchen mixer mono tap supplied with copper tails .

When i tried to fit the copper tail end to the 15mm Compression elbow- the compression elbow do not hold onto the the tail end of the copper pipe - the 15 mm Compression elbow slips from the copper tail pipe - failing to make an airtight connection.

Does it mean that the copper tail end connection from the taps are less than 15 mm in dia.

Can any one suggest how can make an airtight connection.

Sponsored Links
I know it's a stupid question but have you checked there is an olive inside the fitting?

Some have 10mm tails.

We even have a monoblock tap with left handed threads for the tails!

If the olive fits quite snuggly when slipped on, then it is 15mm, if it is simply not tightening up too well, then perhaps you have brass olives which tend to be a bit tougher. You can buy seperate copper ones which tighten up easier.

Sponsored Links
newboy said:
I know it's a stupid question but have you checked there is an olive inside the fitting?

The olives are present in the compression elbow

IJWS15 said:
Some have 10mm tails.

We even have a monoblock tap with left handed threads for the tails!

I have measured the idis of copper tail ends and they measure appx 13mm - that looks like an odd size

grrinc said:
If the olive fits quite snuggly when slipped on, then it is 15mm, if it is simply not tightening up too well, then perhaps you have brass olives which tend to be a bit tougher. You can buy seperate copper ones which tighten up easier.

The compression elbows which is a std 15mm from B&Q has copper olivers inside but they just easily slip onto the copper tail end.

Take one of the tails to a proper plumbers merchants and get the correct size. Yours sound like 12mm ;)

clf-gas said:
Take one of the tails to a proper plumbers merchants and get the correct size. Yours sound like 12mm ;)

^^^^Quickest and most effective option ^^^^

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back