BAXI SOLO 3 PFL Range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler just turned a year old. There is suddenly nothing happening. No lights, No flame, zilch! :(

is there a fuse somewhere as i suspect its that?

Got an isolater switch thats on, timer switch is on. I do hear a click if I reset all the boiler and thats it.

Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
If its got a pressure gauge on the front and its down to less than 0.5 Bar it will need repressurising, then hey presto it will all work, or check if its got a permanent pilot , relight

Only give advise if you know what you are talking about.

Boiler does not have a pilot

Boiler is not a sealed system- it can be fitted as one but most probably is not.

Heating system electrics should be connected via a fused spur, maybe with a switch or maybe not, check if the switch is on if it has one and check the fuse, if the fuse has gone and keeps blowing then things will be more complicated to sort out, the fuse should be rated at no more than 3amp.

Sponsored Links
OOO Im sorry Im not looking at it right now but as it happens on an earlier posted query somebody mentioned relighting the pilot on Baxi Solo , not having a catalogue of spec in my head and absolutely sure the enquiring person may not know either but one starts with the basic questions and suggestions not the arrogant smartass ones full of technical jargon.

I will stand by what I said earlier. I work on boilers every day and would loath to give advise on a boiler that I am not familiar with (there are boilers I can assure you I am not familiar with). When you see boiler combustion chamber panels distorted due to explosive ignition and have seen some dangerous installations and modifications, one becomes even more wary of advising about something unfamiliar.
Kristoflampie, in your attempt to be helpful, did you consider that the boiler in question is an entirely different model and operates differntly?

I too have been working on boilers both domestic and commercial for the last 22 years. Without being patronising to anyone especially other experts on this forum the people who ask us questions I would suggest that most would not know the difference between electronic ignition and permanent pilots etc so I always start with the broad brush suggestions if no particular spec has been described. That way it gives them something simple to check and the reply is more detailed. At no time do I suggest anyone undertakes a job a CORGI engineer should be doing and at no time do I criticise another engineers work or advice, it is more polite to agree to disagree if you have prior knowledge as I am sure you learn as much as I do.

Perhaps you should go and look at the spec and see if there indeed is a pressure gauge and a permanent pilot on Solo 3PF. To be humble and take on what someone else has to say goes to make a better engineer.

Are you suggesting that you as an engineer with 22 years of experience in both domestic and commercial gas work, cannot make a mistake?

If I have hit a nerve, for that I apologise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back