size of space needed for patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am new to this forum and don't know a lot about DIY so I apologise if my questions are a bit basic!

We are getting a loft conversion done with a full rear dorma and we are in the process of getting plans drawn up, the 1st draft plans are done!

We live in a tiny vic terrace and the ceiling height in the loft is going to be low, 2.15m internally. We are on a budget so want to use standard size items where possible, and I would really like sliding patio doors with a juliet balcony.

The draftsman thinks a standard size patio door will not fit in this space, and so has only drawn regular windows into the draft plan. Looking on line I have seen the Jeld-Wen Ledbury sliding patio door with a height of 2073mm. Is there any reason why this would not fit an opening of 2150? I think it would make a fantastic floor to ceiling window, but then again I don't know that much about building!

I want to crack on with returning my comments to the draftsmen so help from you knowledgable folk would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
2.1m is a standard external opening height for all external doors. He's either an idiot or there's some other reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back