Anyone Got a 30's Style Double Glazed Door???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently moved into our 30's chalet. Unfortunately everything in it is from the 30's and needs replacing including the front door. We have had all the big DG firms round and the only one that can do the style of door we want is BAC but at 3 grand we want to shop around first. Has anyone bought a 30's style double glazed door and who from as we're struggling!?!?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How much glass is in it?

A good solid wooden door (or windowframe) can have a second pane mounted in a second rebate (or against a stop). You just have to allow a pinhole for ventilation of pressure from the air gap to the outside to prevent misting.

I've done it and I am not much good at woodwork.

You should be able to get a very nice hardwood door and frame for a few hundred.

There isn't much glass in the door but it has to go as it's only just over an inch think - not very secure at all as we can't fit a deadlock in it, my dad's a chippie and he said it would just weaken it. We have very large, very very cheap floor to ceiling double glazed side lights either side of the door, these have to go too so we'd rather just have the lot double glazed -if we can find the right style!!!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
find a nice door and frame with sidelights and I bet you can d/glaze them.

If the door has little glass in it, d/glazing will not make much difference,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back