Cold rads x 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I've a Worcester combi boiler supplying a total of 10 radiators around the house.

The ones downstairs at the front do the following - lounge x2 and downstairs WC are always completely cold, and the hall one gets luke warm only.

I have bled them and clean looking water comes out.
I have checked the thermostatic valves, and the pins can be pushed down and pop back up again.

Today I have turned all the 'working' rads off to see if that helps, but it has made no difference.

Am I going to need the system flushing? It's about 8 yrs old (new house in 2000).

Thanks for any advice, it's much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi koalabear

I would think its an airlock, i would if there was a drain cock on one of these rads flush through with a hose connected to the mains and another hose coming of another drain cock run to the garden, i just had the same problem in my place and it has worked well so far.

Dave

has it always been like this or just started ?
have you done anything recently to cause this problem..drain down ? etc
Are they luke warm all over or just top or bottom?
are the LS valves open.?
is the pump working?
is the pipe to the none working rads hot or luke warm ?

Hi Jamie

I've lived here 2 years. When I moved in they were warmish. Now they are stone cold! The two in the lounge do not heat up at all, anywhere.

The one that's luke warm in the hall is luke warm all over.

The pipe to the big cold one in the lounge is warm, yes, but not hot.

I haven't done anything (I wouldn't know how!) except check the valves are open and bleed the rads.

I'm sure the pump is fine, because all other rads in the house get hot hot hot.

Help!

Sponsored Links
Thanks all, there's so many possible problems, it seems a minefield!

Best I find me a decent plumber...

Anyone know one in Gloucestershire?!

Cheers.

id thought i drag this up again as i just send your last post. It appears you had a plumber come round back in november and he said you needed a power flush. So i guess you need a power flush or did you have that done to no avail?

id thought i drag this up again as i just send your last post. It appears you had a plumber come round back in november and he said you needed a power flush. So i guess you need a power flush or did you have that done to no avail?

The plumber who came before charged you a miserly £20 for diagnosing the fault and quoted you a fairly reasonable £400 to powerflush.

You were also given instructions on how to chemically treat it yourself.

It seems that you have not done either of these.

Have you ever heard of a solicitor charging £20 for anything? Their minimum invoice value seems to be £300! Or perhaps you are a solicitor?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back