SLIK Sliding Door HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I am new here and not a DIY person, but I came across this forum and thought maybe some experts can be help out.

A few months back I was dealing with a hand-made furniture producer, who produced two items, a bed and wardrobe, to a decent quality (poor finishing in some aspects). But the worst thing was the disastrous service the furniture (solo guy) did, and I am left with an unifnished/incomplete wardrobe with missing parts. The furniture guy is now gone AWOL and does not answer emails or phone calls - so I cant get in touch to fix anything. I am taking action against him and will be taking it to small claims court.

Anyway... I want to finish this wardrobe, with sliding doors.

I have assembled the wardrobe and now stuck on the sliding door mechanism. I have followed the instructions given and put the parts from the SLIK Sliding Door Gear No.1 (http://www.stormguard.co.uk/ProductsDoorGearWG1.htm) in place. But I have these items:

Bottom Channel and MISSING Nylon Guide Floor, but what I dont know is how they are put together and how they work.

1) I know the bottom channel goes on the bottom of the door(s)?
2) The Nylon guides go on below them on the floor of the wardrobe.
(I need to purchase these missing nylon guides, but where from and how do they actualy work?)
3) I need stop mechanism for the doors (or can I have guides going allt he way??)

Any advice is welcome here, from those who may have used this kit.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The bottom of door channel usually fits into a routed channel in bot of door,the guides are approx two inch long and screw down to floor at start of opening to keep the door in line only ever bought them in door sets though .never had to obtain parts separate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back