Prince Phillip and Indian Electricians

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you remember when Prince Phillip (whilst touring a factory in Scotland) looked at a fuseboard and said 'Looks like it was wired by an Indian'! See the images below and his comment was probably made from his navy days when he sailed into Bombay!

The thing that is striking is that this spaghetti works and is obviously safe. Those shops and flats are obviusly enjoying the benefit of an electricity supply. In this country we have to supply electricity safely via a well engineered installation. In India they must concentrate only on delivering it safely!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Do you remember when Prince Phillip (whilst touring a factory in Scotland) looked at a fuseboard and said 'Looks like it was wired by an Indian'!

that bloke is without doubt,the absolute govenor.its the way he says it :LOL:

I always thought the Duke probably meant to say 'cowboy' but got in a muddle. But maybe he got it right after all.

A colleague of mine spent a little while in India trying to help to improve electrical engineering practice. He told me that one of the problems he had was persuading them that if, for example, a pole-mounted transformer kept burning out it was time to uprate it rather than fitting another of the same capacity.

Sponsored Links
Whats even more amazing is the amount of financial transactions that pass through that lot every day... it's a wonder we all get paid on time. Must be a nightmare to fault find. :)

I say obviously safe because if they were killing people on a daily basis they wouldn't do it!!!

Don't get me wrong........I absolutely believe in the standards set out in Britain.......nothing better than finishing a good job and feeling satisfied

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back