Contract delivery driver issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all

Note - I'm sure this isn't representitve of all contract drivers, however...

I've recently been buying a lot of building materials from a certain builders merchants...on the days when the companys own driver has delivered, he has skilfully navigated the mass of trees and telephone cables to off load pallets and 1 tonne bags....On the day they sent him with a contract driver, the contractor (who allegedly had been doing this for 10 years) nearly took out the phone lines (only stopping after shouts from the other driver). He smashed the hell out of our hedges with bthe crane and couldn't care less.

When I spoke to the manager of the store about this - (to praise the other driver as well) he told me the contractor had managed to trash two of their lorries before being moved on..aparrently he has no come back on the agency due to the paperwork they sign up to. My point is...you may feel inclined if having goods delivered in a difficult location, to insist on a company driver.....any one else have any comments on this?

Sponsored Links
the shop might have no recourse to the driver, but your contract is with the shop, so you could claim off them in case of damage due to lack of care or competence. it makes no difference to your case if the driver they use is agency, employee, or green with blue hair.

What? green with blue hair?? I know that bastard, he trashed my trees last year..

Sponsored Links
He actualy looked like the boat captain from "Jaws", with the same cavalier attitude...I almost expected him to take one look at my driveway and say..."We're going to need a bigger crane".

I didn't go looking for compensation from the store itself as I have a good relationship there...just wanted to let people know my gripe with contract drivers..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back