Grass Disease

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I laid rolawn turf a couple of months back.

All went well, looked nice and green, but over the last 4 weeks, it started to form small brown circles, and now they are getting bigger and they are all over the lawn.

I think its either Leaf Blight or foliar fungus.

Is there a way to be exactly sure, OR, a chemical/fungicide to kill both?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I hope I'm wrong but it sounds like Fairy Rings. It is a fungus but it lives in the soil so the only way to eradicate it is to completely remove all your topsoil and get some new stuff in.

Sponsored Links
Hello all,

I laid rolawn turf a couple of months back.

All went well, looked nice and green, but over the last 4 weeks, it started to form small brown circles, and now they are getting bigger and they are all over the lawn.

I think its either Leaf Blight or foliar fungus.

Is there a way to be exactly sure, OR, a chemical/fungicide to kill both?

Many Thanks.

Sounds like it could be red thread. There's been quite a lot of it about so far this year. Can you see a reddish colour in any of the patches? If so cut, wait 3-4 days and apply a high nitrogen granular feed, water it in well then cut about 7-10 days after application. Cut at least once a week after that, twice if possible. If you can, raise your mower height a notch and the lawn will be back to normal in no time.

If it isn't red thread post a pic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back