A big'n

Sponsored Links
Sorry to take up another post with this, but just to let you know - nextdoor's garden is the same, so by having a shed that far up the garden (the new one) the roof will peak over the dividing fence - does this mean it needs planning permission because of sunlight not reaching certain parts etc.??

Thanks again DIYNOT ;)

EDIT: I know the obvious suggestion would be to knock that wall right back and set the shed back, or even destroy the old shed - but for now, if they are the plans, is that ok without planning permission? It's just a lot easier if I don't go further back than the wall for many reasons

I think this will answer most of your questions, it is excellent for getting a basic idea of where planning permissions and building regs come into play:

http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/uploads/hhg/houseguide.html

From that you will gather that a shed or outbuilding normally does not need planning permission and your size is below the 15m2 so you may be able to get away with it if its away from the house or boundary. The thing you need to clear up is the non combustible materials to be used for the shed... i.e. not wood! So you need this clearing up with your local planning department.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Looking at the planning permissions guide, I'm good to go. I could probably do with pulling it into the garden at least a metre just to be safe from something it briefly mentions on the site but everythings sound.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back