Kahrs engineered flooring

Character I could understand but that variation is more than character. I have yet to see a sample on show anywhere with that much variation between two pieces nor do the floors in their catalogue show that much variation.

There are two shown, left is Valios, right is Nouveau White.

The Valios could be down to grain and colour of wood, except that one shows very strong liming which the other does not have (this is treatment process not base wood).

The top Nouveau White sample appears to have a coloured coating which the bottom one doesn't have. Difficult to describe but it looks more like a paint than a stain as it is sitting on the surface rather than absrbed

£1800 os a lot to spend on a floor we may not like!

Sponsored Links
After some soul searching we ended up with a B&Q engineered oak, smaller planks (Looking back the 8ft Kahr's planks would have been tricky for an amateur) and about half the price. Bigger sample in store and not such a disaster if I mis-cut a few planks. Also the longer planks would have made the room look smaller . . . .

SWMBO did tell me not to fit one or too planks which were too dark for her and one that had a white edge (sapwood?) was lifted when I was three rows past it for the same reason.

View media item 12790
When I had 10 sq m down I worked out the trick to doing it quickly - make sure they are tapped together fully and the ends drop in easily.

Skirting to fit (the bits you can see are just laid loose) and room to decorate.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back