What is this on my heating element!?? (LFT114)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again. since my previous DIY repair...
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=266552&start=0&highlight=
and when I fixed it I found that the heating element was looking like the pics here. What could be the problem? Is it something that could burn my pcb again? Havent used the m/c yet coz I am afraid if this can cause any trouble again or my previous problem with the pcb was just a matter of power supply. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
it looks like rust to me (that is a casing, not a heating element)

it is typical of where a long-term leak has first corroded through the thin zinc protective coating, then continued to eat through the steel case.

I presume we are looking at the bottom of the machine, so this is probably water leaking or dripping from above and running round to the underside of what might be a pump casing.

see if you can trace where the leak is coming from. Once you have sealed it, you can rub off and use anti-rust chemical and repaint the damaged section.

If it is not rust, them it might be food debris from a leak, or, just possibly, it might be melted grease.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back