central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i currently have a vailant combi boiler which has run 10 radiators perfectly for tha last 9 years, i have recently built an extension which has 2 extra radiators. the plumber i used disconnected all the central heating when i first started and a couple of days ago reconnected the central heating i am now getting 10 radiators red hot and 2 cold and the plumber is telling me its the boiler, i have tried knocking all the hot radiators off to try and force the pump to pump to the cold radiators but to no avail.the radiators in question one is the nearest to the boiler the other is one off the new radiators upstairs, i think i am being ripped off by the plumber to the price of a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
so do i.

you havent mentioed bleeding the rads, have you?

Boiler sounds as if it is running ok if 10 rads heat up :rolleyes: As breezer says, check for air locks etc and also check that the l/sheilds are fully open and that any trv operating pin has not stuck down closed.

Sponsored Links
If you leave just the new one on and both valves are fully open( remove trv head if its a hot day) and it still does not heat up , it has possibly been teed into just the flow or just the return

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back