Pressure on a thermostatic bar type shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a thermostatic bar type shower for my mum, don't know the make (from Lidl) works fine in my house (combi boiler&mains cold) but get rubbish pressure at my mums (gravity fed hot and cold). I have read something about these not liking tank fed cold water. Can anyone enlighten me ?? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Probably made only for high pressure systems and have a smaller internal bore which is restricting flow. :(

Thanks for that, i will see if they sell different ones elsewhere. :)

otherwise you could fit a shower pump. shower mixers area bit expensive to buy on trial and error. British taps and showers are obtainable to suit low-pressure British supplies. Imported ones (mostly Italian) usually aren't.

What is the height difference between the bottom of the cold water tank, and the shower head? I have one with about 4metres head which gives a fair shower, and one at 10 metres head which gives a good shower.

It helps to have a shower head with big holes in it to get better flow.

Sponsored Links
The height is only about 1-2 metres but if i take off the bar and let it shoot straight out it has good pressure. I think i will get an electric shower and leave that in situ, i have easy acces to the main in the loft and a fairly easy route to electrics.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back