Floor standing boiler for a gravity central heating system??

Sponsored Links
Don`t think any free standing are made for gravity now due to new regs.

Convert your system to fully pumped, or a twin pump system.

As namsag says, gravity systems are not allowed to remain as gravity when a new boiler is fitted.

Dave i think they have altered all the heat exchangers so you can`t connect to gravity anyway

Sponsored Links
Do you mean it just has 2 water connections or more involved?

I've never fitted a pump plan but always assumed it had just 1 inlet and 2 outlets so to speak.

Is that correct or am I way off mark again :oops:

the ideal mexico HE has 4 tappings so you can have a heat circuit and a seperate water circuit fit a zone valve, a stat and pump to each and you have a fully pumped 2 part system that meets the regs!

All the mexico he units I have seen have 3 tappings off the bottom, a gas inlet, and a pair of c/h (flow and return)

richardgaston79 said:
Are there any floor standing boilers that will fit a gravity central heating system?????

Cheers

Richard

Go fully pumped - far more efficient. The existing gravity pipes can still be used.

Yes, most systems such as one pipe can be pumped.

A good floorstanding but basic high efficiency boiler is the Kidd range.

They are very efficient, shrug off water contamination, heavy, big, very long life expectancy (proven in the field) and ideal partners for older steel piped systems.

They are not at all cheap but rarely give problems, being a fundamentally simple engineering design. Over their long life they represent excellent value.

I recently got asked to service a Kidd Oil Fired condensing boiler for a guy.

There was nothing wrong with it but he said it had been in for 14 years so he thought it was about time someone looked at it !!!!!!

(mind you if I had something that ugly in my house I'd try and forget it was there too ! :LOL: )

UGLY!

Actually, my wife thinks it is ugly, too.

She likes Mr Kidd though, so she puts up with it.

As a concession to aesthetics, he changed his boilers from red to white a few years ago. That's pretty much the only visible update since 1982. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back