ferroli f30 timer clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to put on my heating for the first time since the spring and it doesn't seem to want to start, but i did notice the timer clock has stopped working (no display), i realise i need a new clock, but is this the reason the heating wont kick in. The domestic hot water is fine and has continued to work no problem. I turned the boiler off and then the power and had a look at the wires that go to the clock and followed them the other way, all the wires seem to be connected OK. I also changed the fuse on the power supply for a new one (3 amp) Any help would be welcomed, as the winter is looming. Cheers

Sponsored Links
In a standard system, not surprisingly the timeclock has to be working and "on" to power the system for heating.

Tony

OK Well me being the inquisitive sort, i took the timer out and then took it apart and to my joy spotted a watch type battery inside, i went and bought another one, changed it and the timer now works again and so does the heating Joy oh joy

Thanks anyway :D :D :D

Sponsored Links
I've had recent trouble with my Ferroli f30 boiler. There was a clicking noise coming from the timer control. I tapped the housing, the noise stopped and after sliding the on/off switch it resumed normal operation - but only for a while. The problem reoccurred with increasing frequency. I was expecting the mechanism of the clock to have broken and a replacement of the timer control to be the next job. However the comment above, about the internal battery led me to buy a replacement CR2032 3v Lithium Battery. (prices ranged from £3 to £9!) So, the outcome is now a heating system working perfectly again. You will need a fine posi-drive to remove the retaining screws of the timer and a fine pliers to detach the electrical contacts. Thanks 'DIYnot' for your web site and the helpful comments from your contributors. Happy Christmas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back