Timer Switches

rjb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to take advantage of cheap over night electricity as I use my washing machine very frequently. In my kitchen I have a FCU which then goes feed the plug socket positioned down low next to the machine which it plugs into.

This plug is quite constricted and it is not very practicle to use a plug in timer plug.

Is anyone aware of any product that inclrporates a FCU and timer. If not what is the best way incorporate a timer. The FCU is chased into a tiled wall so I don't really want to disrupt that too much.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the links. With regards to the over night electricity - I only have incoming suppliy through one meter, but it shows two readings and I am bill in this way too.

I was assuming that the tele meter altomatically switches from night to day and all of my electricity supply is cheaper over-night.

Have I assumed wrong in this?

Sponsored Links
It is likely that the whole house changes to the lower rate at night, unless you have an additional consumer unit. Do you just have one consumer unit wired directly into the meter?

As for the washing machine, you are unlikely to save very much even if you use it every day. Most standard washers only use a couple of units per wash.

Unless you have night storage heaters or some other heavy duty appliances which are used overnight, you may be better off not bothering with the cheap rate at all - generally the price for the 'day' units is more than normal when you have a lower rate overnight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back