hot water from overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an open vented hot water system heated by a heat exchanger from the boiler. The heat exchanging system is venting into it\\\'s feed + expansion tank when hot water is swiched on at the timer (which I think it is supposed to?). The water is not being drawn away quickly enough (it is being drawn away as I can feel the other pipe moving) though and because of this it is going out through the overflow pipe. Any idea what could cause this?

PS.
The bottom of my f&e tank is level with the bottom of the cold water tank - they both sit on the same piece of wood. Hot water looks clean. Ball valve is dripping but only slightly - fixing this separately
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
scotty6 said:
I have an open vented hot water system heated by a heat exchanger from the boiler. The heat exchanging system is venting into it\\\'s feed + expansion tank when hot water is swiched on at the timer (which I think it is supposed to?). The water is not being drawn away quickly enough (it is being drawn away as I can feel the other pipe moving) though and because of this it is going out through the overflow pipe. Any idea what could cause this?

PS.
The bottom of my f&e tank is level with the bottom of the cold water tank - they both sit on the same piece of wood. Hot water looks clean. Ball valve is dripping but only slightly - fixing this separately
Thanks,
:evil: raise the expansion tank above feed

Boiler thermostat faulty
Coil in Cylinder broken and leaking
Ballvalve in Exp tank dripping
Pump speed to high
Blockage in System
Pump installed in correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back