Adding Leak Sealer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My Vokera SE boiler is dropping pressure, around 0.5 bar per week until it stops. Re-pressuring each time to 1.5 bar, all ok again. Boiler is a few months old (still under warranty).

I believe I have a small leak and have read similar problems on these forums, plumber was round for something else and agreed. He didnt install the system. No visible signs of water inside or stains or pipe that goes outside or around boiler.

I have also checked the accessible pipes. Hence I was thinking of applying a sealer such as this Fernox product

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/0-184

Are these easy to use ? Anything to look out for. I believe my pipes are a mixture of new (plastic ) and older copper.
What radiator should I apply at, near the boiler, in the middle, furthest away ( 2 story semi about 11 radiators all new)

Regards
Jim

Sponsored Links
Vokera SE??

Are you sure its not a condensing boiler?....should be unless exceptional circumstances.

Have you isolated the flow/return valves under the boiler to make sure the leak is definately not on the boiler.

Check all the radiator valve spindles (remove the caps) for leaks.

The leak sealer is injected through a radiator bleed point. Follow the instructions carefully.

Accourding to the Vokera web site its a combi boiler. It is a Compact SE.

Check radiator values these are dry. Not sure what you mean by isolated the flow/return valves. Does this mean switch them to the off position. I cant see any wetness around the boiler area or pipes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back