Shower pump location / type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Just ripped out my bathroom, and have two 22mm (I guess) pipes from the hot and cold side of the bath. Now, it's a gravity fed system, and I purchased a Grohe 2000 shower as it stated that it would work on a LP system. But I also got the Tarantofill kit which quote that it is HP only, so I am at a loss as to if it will work on a gravity fed system or not....probably not!

So, ideally what I want to know is where you professionals install a pump in this situation? I understand that for under the bath installs a low voltage system is used? Where would you put a normal pump...in the loft? If so have to run pipework, back up and down again....?

Here is a picture:

http://www.markpayne.net/images/bathroom.JPG

Any help, or suggestions on make/model much appreciated..

Cheers,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers for that. And can I just go pipes to pump, pump to grohe 2000, no special valves or nothing? (sorry if that sounds dumb, just reading too many threads on here...)

Any suggestions on pump make? I did use a screwfix jobbie before on the ensuite shower.....but man that is noisy... :confused:

Its exclusively for the shower/tarantofill so doesnt need to be massive pressure.

Another silly question. Can I use flexible hosing to pipe most of this in? Just thinking of the location of the pump under the bath, and the fact I havent decided or ordered a bath yet.....

Would hate to have it all fitted and not left myself enough room. Just thinking that it might be handy to be able to move the pump a few cm either way....

Hmmm, that will be a right PITA for me. Maybe get a double ended bath with the waste in the middle? Would that give me enough room at that end...?

Remember also that I have a tarantofill as well, so no taps....I think there is enough space at the other end? :p

Anyone? Seems like there is 200mm clearance under the bath (enough for the pump). and with no taps at that end clearance for the pipes...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back