200mm Wide Joist Hangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

We are putting a 180x300 (4x45mm beams bolted together) beam across the width of our house in the roof space as part of the loft conversion. The beam was specified by our structural engineer, and was supposed to sit a bricks width into the parti wall at either side. Getting the beams into place is proving a logistical nightmare/potential impossibility. therefore the building inspector has said we can hang the beam if necessary - however I can't find anywhere selling joist hangers for this size of beam.

Any bright ideas who might sell/make them? Or other ways of getting around the problem I haven't thought of?

Thanks a lot....

Sponsored Links
Simpsons do a 200mm wide hanger. Make sure you check safe max load though.

Sponsored Links
You could ask the engineer if he could give you a splice detail although not sure how suitable that would be for a timber beam. If the beams are timber, I wouldn't expect the weight to be a problem for the brickwork as the timber would probably crush locally before the masonry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back