Earth FAult Loop Impedence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post - looks like a great forum to help me get my hed around this before I tackle a Part P course. HAve borrowed a meter and an OnSiteGuide and looking at trying some testing.

I presume that you cant do an EFLI when there is no earth as there arent in my old flats lighting circuits. If that is so what am I getting when I try the EFLI test between live and neutral on a power circuit as I get a reading of 0.7ohms.

Sponsored Links
before doing the test you must check that the indicators on the test equipment are showing the supply to be wired ok

If you test between live and neutral then you get the live-neutral loop impedance.

Sponsored Links
If there is no earth in your lighting circuit it means it was probably wired before 1966 and therefore should only have PVC switches and light fittings I would recommend rewiring the lighting circuit if not the whole installation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back