Rad Thermostat Fitting Query.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have a radiator that has a thermostatic valve on it. The plunger on the inside that goes down to push the pin down to turn it off is faulty (it's a couple of years old), so when I turn the central heating on, the radiator is on all the time. I took it off and noticed that the 'plunger' (pardon the numpty terminology) that goes down when you turn the radiator down or of had lost it's strength, so wasn't pushing the pin down.

I bought a new 15mm valve head of the internet, and it arrived today. However, when I tried to fit it tonight, it just to small - 1 or 2mm only, but it definately won't screw on.

I'm quite happy to buy a new one, but what size is it? When I look on eBay, or the internet, the only two sizes that seem to be available are 10 and 15mm, and it seems to me that I need 16 or 17mm.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The pipe sizes are standard,but mostly the heads are not interchangeable,as stated you need to change the complete valve,or find a head exactly the same as the one youve got.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back