CONVECTION HEATING SYSTEM ANY-ONE KNOW ABOUT THEM?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok,

Our system of convection heating is the one with the air ducts and hot water combo.

Basically, the oil fired burner heats the hot water in the pipes, which are positioned over a heated coil/fan at 2 locations in the house. The coil/fan then blows the hot air thats comes off the pipes and blows them through the ducts around the house. The heat comes for the air duct outlets in each room.

Now its cost effective for a bungalow type house, but the house is never HOT, just a steady warmth, which disappears as soon as the system turns off.

My question is, I'm looking for a more modern fan/coil unit that can blow the heat more powerfully (the farthest rooms dont get a lot of air coming through cucts) and hopefully can be kept on even after the boiler has been turned off (because theres about another hours hot air in the pipework).

Does anyone know of any suppliers of this type of system?

thanks

Sponsored Links
The only firm I know of is Johnson & Starley. They are manufacturers of warm air units.

Click HERE

Cheers Dave,

its very complicated to me (novice) but I guess I should ring them up and explain my problem.

I wouldnt want to be ordering a different unit for a different system!!! it seems theres a lot of different units for each particular set up.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately I do not have a warm air ticket and know nothing about them other than pointing you to their website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back