Adhesive, grout, which is best

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to start tiling my bathroom in a week or so and have read with interest a lot of posts on this great forum.
I'm going to aquapanel the 'shower area' and board the rest where required (some of the existing plasterboard was obliterated when i removed the old tiles!)
I'm using 40cm x 30cm tiles, i'm going to use powdered adhesive and grout but what i want to know is which is best for the job?
Is BAL much better than dunlop?
Which adhesive has the best 'water resistentness' :D ......
Any advice, greatly received, this will be my first tiling adventure so be gentle,

Cheers ;)

Sponsored Links
Don't worry about using Bal on walls - any branded adhesive should be ok (except unibond..... I have a great dislike for most unibond stuff). It's just on wooden floors that I won't use anything but Bal.
You're using large tiles so just make sure that your walls are as flat as you can get them for easier tiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back