What pipework to supply *two* power showers?

amj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the recommended pipework arrangement to supply *two* power showers from the same HWC and cold tank? (They will be the on-the-wall integrated pump type - not a separate impeller pump)

I understand the need to use a surrey/ york flange to provide a reliable how water feed; similarly, a new separate cold water pipe run from the storage tank for the first shower. Can I just tee off those pipes for the second shower?

If I need to provide completely separate pipe runs, how do I get two separate hot supplies from the surrey/ york flange?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its a bit naughty to call them power showers!

They are just a way to overcome poor head supplies.

The flow rate is usually no more than 10 li/min at best.

Tony

Whatever we call them ('integral pump assisted showers' perhaps?) my purpose is exactly what you said - to get a moderate boost to the poor flow I currently have due to a limited supply head.

I'm looking at a Mira model that says it will boost to (up to) 16 litres per minute, which would be more than adequate - I'm not looking for ultimate drenching power!

..... and I still need to find out how to plumb in *two* of them.

Sponsored Links
10 li/min at best
EH? An Aquastream's 18l/min

Proper answer is two separate supplies, so eg an Essex flange. But you might get away with splitting one.

Essex flange costs a few quid and takes 5 minures to fit (once you've drained some water out!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back