electric oven installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i will be redecorating my kitchen in a few weeks and am relatively new to this,

i have a single electric oven with a rating of 2,3kw - currently wired directly from the wall output in the kitchen, leading to its own mcb rated b32. when i redecorate i want to place a switch in the kitchen between the wall and oven - having foolishly already bought some 13A fused switches i cannot figure out if these are suitable - obviously i understand the need for a thicker heat resistant cable similar to what is already installed - i would just like to ask if these switches i plan on using are suitable as i cannot find a clear conversion for the suitable load anywhere

your help is appreciated - thanks

Sponsored Links
if you mean
p1679871_l.jpg
or similar yes they are ok

Sponsored Links
sorry, i didn't mean to come across as dim, but its been 4 years since i used anything like that in gcse science and is my first time taking on a job this size and just want to do it right, thought it best to check rather that plough ahead and do the wrong things

thanks very much for your help breezer, much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back