Alarm servicing / maintenance contracts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had my old alarm (at old house) installed and serviced / maintained annually by the alarm company. Came in very useful as it covered call out charges and all parts. Came in useful when the alarm would not turn off after a power cut.

Anyway, rang the company and they will maintain my current alarm (Veritas R8) but because they did not install it, will not cover the parts, I would need to pay for these.

Given, that is the main reason for taking out the cover, it seems pretty pointless.

Does anyone know of any alarm companies in the Leeds, West Yorkshire area who cover these alarm systems fully (call out, labour and parts)?

TIA

Sponsored Links
How much are they charging you per year? Alarm equipment isn't very expensive and is reliable, so a cheaper contract without parts is the best solution. You should get one for less than £50 per year.

We would have still charged after the power cut fault, your first company sound very, very good (or very, very nieve).

Its normal for us not to cover equipment we didn`t install, and you do pay more in the long run for "fully comp. cover"

Price up standard service from a few local firms and the slightly more expensive one should give you a halfway house,ie not charge for the silly little things

How much are they charging you per year? Alarm equipment isn't very expensive and is reliable, so a cheaper contract without parts is the best solution. You should get one for less than £50 per year.

At the old house, I paid about £40 per year. This covered everything. They are now quoting £59 for the first year, dropping to £49 thereafter.

Sponsored Links
At the old house, I paid about £40 per year. This covered everything. They are now quoting £59 for the first year, dropping to £49 thereafter.

nieve then - thats far too cheap to provide the service they are giving, I can see why you wanted to keep them - whats the average from the other local companies?

nieve then - thats far too cheap to provide the service they are giving, I can see why you wanted to keep them - whats the average from the other local companies?

TBH I haven't got any other quotes yet, given the deal I had at the previous company I have only contacted them.

I think there is a catch.

look at it this way ££40

1 call out, some one come out he needs to be paid, say £10.
waear nd tear on vehicle, paper work (printed) and all sundries , phone calls etc lets say £5

part changed lets say £10

that adds up to £25

later in year same thing, =£25

alarm gets a regular service =£25

all cosst £75 you paid £40 that company wont stay for long

or try this

no call outs just service =£25

£15 profit its not a lot is it?

yes stacke em hig sell em cheap, not really going to work though is it?

oh and monitoring is extra

They must have had faith in their products. It's a long running company, I had no problems with them at all.

Just because they aren't putting extortionate mark up on things does not make them nieve.

If you know them and trust them then go with them. It's a pretty good deal. I know companies that charge around £100 for that sort of cover.

They must have had faith in their products. It's a long running company, I had no problems with them at all.

Just because they aren't putting extortionate mark up on things does not make them nieve.

not an extortionate mark up but enough to cover the costs of doing business - hence they are nieve (unless they plan to do a runner when you really need to claim on them)

i charge 1st service £60 and there after £30 per annum!
we do not cover any parts there all extra!
i know im the best priced in my area! ;)

Best price for who though??? and what does £30 get the customer?

best price, but put your hand on your heart and say you offer the best service too

aint no way at that price your going to provide full 24hr support

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back