Noisy Radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! The article says if the flow of water through the boiler is insufficient it can create banging in the boiler. Further, it says it\\\'s important to have correct water-flow rate. But I sometimes have only two (out of seven) of my radiators on, to economise. Does this mean there\\\'s not enough water going through? It does bang! Also, my bathroom (where the header tank is kept) has become incredibly damp. I think this must be due to steam coming out of the header tank (into which I keep hearing water dripping). My bathroom was never this damp until I started economising. Also, I do have corrosion inhibitor in the system, so is there likely to be any damage occurring? Any ideas please? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
try opening them up
could be many problems for pumping over.
but you should leave the rads on a bit stop the room getting damp etc.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I did put them on. The problem seemed solved, and the bathroom has dried out! PHew! Nevertheless, I'm not sure why the boiler didn't like having only two on. Because if I'm at home all day and it's very cold, I don't want heating all over all day, but might want one or two. Having said that, I have now turned some off, so only some (more than two) are on, and it still seems okay.

Does it really not save money if you turn radiators down/off? If so, what is the point of having thermostatic radiator valves? What about zones? Does it not save money if you turn the upstairs circuit off during the day or have that zone stat at a low setting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back