Worcester 24cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I went to this boiler this evening as it was doing nothing apart from displaying the mains light.

On checking the CH ( system ) sensor the pump started when I disconnected the sensor. The resistance was correct and when I reconnected it the boiler worked as normal.

The PCB is not operating correctly as it clicks a few times at the beginning and end of a CH demand.

Has anyone experienced this effect before and attributed it to the PCB "locking up" with the only reset being disconnecting the CH sensor?

These are nice people who I have known for a few years and they are very hard working and not very well off and have had very bad luck recently with one relative now dying abroad and another two in hospital.

The husband is an unfortunate who is hardworking but just has not had any proper trade training so has to work as an odd job man fixing door locks for a housing association. He is quite intelligent and would do well with proper training but with three kids, one autistic, has to keep working just to pay the bills.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony can't help you with this, but if I get by you in the upcoming ravenheat day with argi will you share some of your electronic magic with me. I'll give you some of me sweets.

Have had a couple doing very similar things. One I remember sat and did nothing, then came up with the Faulty Sensor indication - which it shouldn't before it starts the fan etc. Worcs tech said new pcb required. I measured resistances etc and tried again, and it worked, and has done ever since.

Mate had similar when he'd got a spot of water on connector or similar. Hair dryer fixed it.

Bad connections??

Sponsored Links
i once had a worcester that seemed dead-it turned out to be dry joint on pcb near the pwer in cons

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back