?? faulty 3 port valve.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently moved into a property and now started to use the heating. The problem is that i can only get hot water and heating to come on together. The valve is a Honeywell but i cant see a model or serial number. I have taken the cover plate off and behind the syncron motor i can see ? 2 springs. Only 1 of these moves when i turn on the programmer.

I remember the previous owner saying he had 'upgraded the programmer from a honeywell to a Drayton Tempus Six. He also mentioned about there being an extra terminal in the Drayton which was bridged. So, could the programmer be the problem. :confused:

Your expert advice is appreciated guys.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that i can only get hot water and heating to come on together.]

Do you mean you have to have HW on to get HTG? Or putting the HW on brings HTG on aswell?

Sponsored Links
The valve shouldnt move at all when doing HW as it should rest in this position. If its motoring over then its a wiring fault.

Are you competent to test live electrics?

I know how to use a multimeter. Got one in the garage (somewhere).

What do i need to look for. As i said, previous owner has added an extra wire to this Drayton programmer. He sais previous one had 3 terminals??

Every honewell I have ever seen has a clear identification on it. if that has been taken off, it will be almost impossible to fix the problem unless you are quite good at heating fault finding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back