volkera linea24 comb boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been having problems with loosing pressure over a few days, checked for leaks and cant find any! checked the pipe outside (cant rember what it called) and no signs of water, sum one told me to check the pressure vessel, so i checked it and when testing the pressure with a tester water came out aswell as air? is this normal, or is it just like a inner tube and meant to contain air? is it puntured? i tested and seem to get bout 7 psi what pressure is it meant to be at?

Sponsored Links
Water coming from the test point indicates a damaged diaphragm in the pressure vessel.
7psi = 0.5 bar. Normally they are set to about 0.8. These figures mean little at this stage. You need a new Pressure Vessel

Watch the PRV pipe outside as the boiler heats up and the pressure goes up over the 3. If the water isnt getting out there you could have a leak under the floorboards.

Until you get a new PV you could try this trick.
Isolate and drain your least important radiator.
Reconnect the rad and open one valve. DO NOT BLEED IT!
This will assist your ailing PV in the meantime until you get a new one.

On the Linea the main heat exchanger is always my first check when faced with a slow loss of pressure without any signs of water from anywhere else.

On the Linea the main heat exchanger is always my first check when faced with a slow loss of pressure without any signs of water from anywhere else.

instantly obvious from the black staining on the insulation boards

Sponsored Links
but with a failed EXV the most likely cause is the increased pressure ejecting from the PRV vent.

A bottle tied over it will provide the evidence!

Tony

i also have a problem with the hot water, when i try to fill the bath the only way to get hot water is to run the tap very slowly could this be related to the pressure vessel?.

Not directly but dirt in the system has probably blocked the plate HE. Continually refilling will cause dirt to be formed as the radiators rust!

It sounds as if your boiler is in a pretty poor state.

It rather sounds as if its been like this for a while and you have not bothered to get it fixed.

Tony

Not long moved into the house! wish id checked it all before moving, would admit i've been refilling the pressure for a month or so. guessing i should get sum1 to look at it, any1 advise me on who ect? don't fancy getting ripped off or getting sum1 who doesn't do the job properly.

OP; Going back to your first post, if you have water coming out of your EV, replace it before carrying on with your fault finding ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back