Vandalised Rear Parking Sensor...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just as we were talking about parking sensors, some lowlife tw@t decided it would be great fun to poke one of the sensors on the rear bumper of my Octavia Estate into the bumper itself. Is there a quick fix? The system now registers a permanent rapid beeping, so is useless.

I can't find an easy way to behind the bumper w/o removing it.

Is this a case for the dealer? Guess so.

Sponsored Links
I agree with you, this is a dealer thing unless you can somehow get your hand in behind the bumper.

Bumpers are usually held on by clips (hence why some people seem to be able to lose back bumpers so easily) and a couple of screws, so should be pretty easy to remove. But with the sensors in there it is expensive if you muck it up...

Here is where you will probably reap Skoda's rewards as it will no doubt be cheaper to repair than if you had a VW.

Are you certain there is no access behind bumper, from underneath ?

Manual ?
Fixings for bumper ?

Are the sensors easily moved in their holdings ... I mean, if they are then the dodgy one may be broken ..... Sure it is actually still there ?
Push it all the way through, out of the way ?
SkodDealer.
Ran out of ideas now apart from chain saw !
P

Adam/Pip

There's no access behind bumper at all. If you stick your hand up behind, there's no gap at all.

No, these were FF, and are bonded in very well. Must have taken a hell of a poke to dislodge it...

It is still there, I can see it clearly. It is now recessed and close to bumper plastic which is why it is permanently registering an unbroken beep as if you're right up close to something.

Chain saw? Nah........

Have rung Skoda dealer today. They can do it, but have to remove most of rear of car to do it, including a load of trim panels in the boot.

Cost? £61.10.

Sponsored Links
B00008Z9Z4.01.TZZZZZZZ.jpg
Just be very brave .... and keep a steady hand.
Just think out of the box !! or was that mind ?

Go on you can do it !! ... It's only a car !

P

Nearly on a level with the chain saw, mate!!

Think I'll get Skoda Gge to do it. And consider castr@ating anyone who goes near it in future.....

Why do people do this? Mindless destruction, all of it.

But just imagine what this country would be like if all this negative feeling and wasted energy were turned into hobbies, sports, learning etc...

We would lead the world in brain power, at least!

Perhaps we could remove the brains of anti-social types and reprogram them to work in some kind of giant computer?

You can do it with fish brains, but they aren't that good for anything other than putting in a robot that follows a light.

Of course, a parking sensor does look rather like the business end of a plasma cutter... Perhaps you could replace the broken sensor with such a device and if it detects anyone pushing a finger against it, it ignites? :evil:

AdamW said:
Perhaps we could remove the brains of anti-social types and reprogram them to work in some kind of giant computer?

You can do it with fish brains, but they aren't that good for anything other than putting in a robot that follows a light.

Of course, a parking sensor does look rather like the business end of a plasma cutter... Perhaps you could replace the broken sensor with such a device and if it detects anyone pushing a finger against it, it ignites? :evil:

SS .. the old typing fingers are thickening, and hips widening !!

Relace sensor : - Better if sensor was spring loaded, with a double press release .. ie pushsensor into it's holder, it stays, push again it releases and springs back to position .. I do not think Skod would be too please with the change in production costs tho !
Failing that you could have a row of 30 or so dummy sensors across the bumper good chance they'll miss the real 'uns ...... Shucks ! Dash the diy let's diy-not Just take it to the garage and hope the idiot that did the damage isn't a regular passer-by !

P

Sponsored Links
Back